Anthony Joshua next opponent latest: Luis Ortiz confirms he will NOT replace Jarrell Miller and lashes out at Eddie Hearn


Anthony Joshua next opponent latest: Luis Ortiz confirms he will NOT replace Jarrell Miller and lashes out at Eddie Hearn

Luis Ortiz has lashed out at Eddie Hearn after failing to agree terms to fight Anthony Joshua on June 1.

The heavyweight (known as ‘King Kong’) was reportedly in the frame to replace Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller in the Madison Square Garden spectacle, but has confirmed he rejected a ‘low ball’ offer.

Luis Ortiz will NOT be fighting Anthony Joshua on June 1

Miller has admitted he ‘messed up’ after it emerged he’d failed a drugs test for three separate substances.

The heavyweight contender initially denied knowingly taking a banned substance when it was announced he’d tested positive for GW1516 last week.

However, it has been revealed he has failed two further tests for HGH and EPO (plus GW1516 again) and so he’s decided to ‘own up.’

In his place, Ortiz emerged as a genuine contender and Joshua seemed keen to make the fight happen against the former world title contender.

But, in an Instagram message posted on Tuesday evening, the Cuban’s team claimed they were told to stay quiet to try to get it made and have accused Eddie Hearn of making ‘low ball offers’.

Ortiz caused Wilder all sorts of problems in the 2017 world title fight

A statement read: “It’s a no go for June 1…Sorry guys we where [sic] told to stay as quiet as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every time someone called out Luis it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work.

“We just received word from promoter it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn’s low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent over so sorry to all the loyal fans.

“Luis really wanted this title shot.”

Ortiz last challenged for a world title when he went ten rounds with Deontay Wilder 2017 – eventually succumbing to the Bronze Bomber’s ferocious power.

But the southpaw has exceptional technical ability and troubled Wilder with his power during the fight.

As it stands, Joshua has no official opponent for the June 1 date, but Michael Hunter is the front-runner to take on the Olympic gold medallist in his American debut.

The 30-year-old (who has just signed to Matchroom Boxing) has only tasted defeat once in the professional ranks courtesy of Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC cruiserweight belt.


Source: SportsLatest TS