Chelsea news: Eden Hazard goal stats show how hard it will be for Blues to replace him amid Real Madrid transfer interest
It’s going to be extremely tough for Chelsea to replace Eden Hazard if he leaves.
Granted, that’s a huge understatement, but when you watch him play like he did against West Ham, it rams the point home.
His manager, Maurizio Sarri, knows it will be difficult to hang onto him, especially with Real Madrid’s reported interest. “I cannot do anything, I think, because the club agrees with me: if Eden wants to have another experience, it is very difficult to keep him,” he said.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
The double against West Ham was Hazard’s 15th and 16th goals of the season, while he has also created 12 Premier League goals this season. In fact, the 28-year-old has been involved in almost half his club’s goals this season – 49.1 per cent to be precise.
Asked if Chelsea can afford to lose a player of Hazard’s class, Sarri said: “From the technical point of view, no.
“Not at the moment, because it’s impossible to find another Hazard. At the moment there isn’t another Hazard, [his] level is so high. You’d have to find two players to make the level of Hazard. So I hope he can stay here, otherwise we’ll have to find something different.”
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
West Ham fans even sang about him leaving for Real in the summer, though he said he wasn’t. At least not right now.
“I am focused with Chelsea until the end of the season,” he said. “We still have top four and Europa League [to fight for]. There is still a lot to do and then we will see.”
Source: SportsLatest TS