Chelsea vs Burnley team news: Callum Hudson-Odoi starts fourth consecutive Premier League game
Callum Hudson-Odoi starts for the fourth consecutive Premier League game as Chelsea welcome Burnley to Stamford Bridge on Monday night.
The 18-year-old is joined in Maurizio Sarri’s starting XI by fellow academy graduate Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who also starts his fourth league game in a row.
Hudson-Odoi had to wait patiently for his full league debut, which didn’t come until early April against Brighton.
But since then, the forward has established himself as the club’s first choice on the right wing, ahead of Willian and Pedro, both of whom have been used in the Europa League instead.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
There is also a start for Andreas Christensen, who replaces the injured Antonio Rudiger in defence.
Gonzalo Higuain, who has struggled since arriving on loan from Juventus in January, starts up front instead of Olivier Giroud.
For the visitors, Phil Bardsley misses out after failing a late fitness test.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Tottenham vs Brighton (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Luton vs AFC Wimbledon (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Ipswich (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brighton vs Newcastle (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs Blackburn (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds United vs Aston Villa (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Coventry vs Shrewsbury (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson Palmieri, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Higuain, Hazard.
Subs: Barkley, Pedro, Caballero, Kovacic, Giroud, Zappacosta, Cahill.
Burnley: Heaton, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil, Barnes, Wood.
Subs: Gudmundsson, Brady, Gibson, Hart, Ward, Vydra, Long.
Source: SportsLatest TS