Derby hit with FA charge for failing to control their players during Brentford draw
Derby have been charged by the FA with failing to control their players in a 3-3 draw with Brentford on Saturday.
The incident occurred in the 48th minute when substitute Ashley Cole was booked for diving.
The former England and Chelsea left-back was adamant he had been fouled as Derby players surrounded referee John Brooks.
An FA statement said: “Derby County FC has been charged with failing to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
“The incident occurred during the 48th minute of the EFL Championship fixture against Brentford FC on Saturday (06/04/19).
“The club has until Friday (12/04/2019) to provide a response.”
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Derby also had four other players booked in a fiery match which saw them surrender a two-goal lead at Griffin Park.
The Rams’ play-off hopes took another blow on Tuesday after they lost 2-0 at Blackburn.
Frank Lampard’s men are three points off sixth place Aston Villa with six games to go.
Source: SportsLatest TS