Fastest goals in Premier League history: Shane Long holds the record but who else makes the top 10?
Shane Long epitomised exactly why he is known as a speed merchant on Monday night as he smashed the record for the fastest goal in Premier League history.
The Southampton striker found the net inside eight seconds of his side’s clash at Watford.
As a result the 32-year-old broke a 19-year record, set by Ledley King back in December 2000 when he scored after 9.82 seconds for Tottenham at Bradford.
Long’s historic strike was not enough to see the Saints pick up a valuable three points in their battle to avoid the drop, as Andre Gray hit a 90th minute equaliser for the hosts.
Check out the top 10 quickest goals in Premier League history below!
City legend says ‘Old Trafford has lost its fear factor’ ahead of Manchester derby
Newcastle confirm Miguel Almiron will miss rest of season with injury
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri hit with misconduct charge after touchline dismissal
Mo Salah joins stars in New York for ‘world’s most influential people’ gala
Saudi Arabia set to host Spanish Super Cup for next six seasons
The Premier League teams most used as hacked passwords
Guardiola unhappy with Solskjaer’s ‘tactical foul’ accusations ahead of derby
Winning the Europa League must be the focus for Chelsea as top four chances slip
Spurs ‘plan Anthony Joshua fight’ at new stadium in 2019
Man United fan: ‘I want Man City to beat us and don’t care if it’s 8-0’
What those in the know say about the Chelsea loanee likened to Kyle Walker
How much Fergie loved beating Liverpool and the dread that fills all at Man United
10. Asmir Begovic – Stoke vs Southampton – November 2, 2013 (13.64 seconds)
9. James Beattie – Chelsea vs Southampton – August 28, 2004 (13.52 seconds)
8. Kevin Nolan – Blackburn vs Bolton – January 10, 2004 (13.48 seconds)
7. Chris Sutton – Everton vs Blackburn – April 1, 1995 (12.94 seconds)
6. Dwight Yorke – Coventry vs Aston Villa – September 30, 1995 (12.16 seconds)
5. Mark Viduka – Charlton vs Leeds – March 17, 2001 (11.90 seconds)
4. Christian Eriksen – Tottenham vs Manchester United – January 31, 2018 (10.54 seconds)
3. Alan Shearer – Newcastle vs Manchester City – January 18, 2003 (10.52 seconds)
2. Ledley King – Bradford City vs Tottenham – December 9, 2000 (9.82 seconds)
1. Shane Long – Watford vs Southampton – April 23 2019 (7.69 seconds)
Source: Prem News