Frank Lampard: Derby boss given misconduct charge by Football Association for behaviour after draw against Birmingham
Derby boss Frank Lampard has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association for his behaviour following their 2-2 draw with Birmingham on Friday.
The former Chelsea star confronted referee Simon Hooper on the pitch after the final whistle.
Lampard also said in his post-match press conference he felt the official had denied his side a clear penalty in the 74th minute which would have presented them with a chance of victory.
“It is alleged his language and/or behaviour on the field of play after the conclusion of the fixture amounts to improper conduct,” said a statement from the FA.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Sheffield United vs Ipswich (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brighton vs Newcastle (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs Blackburn (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds United vs Aston Villa (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Coventry vs Shrewsbury (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
It is the second time this season Lampard has been given a disciplinary charge, having been fined £2,000 after getting sent to the stands in September.
Lampard has until 6pm on Monday to respond.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Source: SportsLatest TS