Harry Kane injury: Tottenham striker tweets his disappointment at latest setback, but says it’s a ‘chance to come back stronger’
Harry Kane is determined to ‘come back stronger than ever’ from his latest ankle injury.
The Tottenham striker was forced off in the 58th minute of Spurs’ 1-0 win over City in the Champions League quarter-final first leg on Tuesday, having damaged the same ankle that sidelined him for seven games earlier this year.
On Twitter, Kane said: “Gutted to go off injured but every setback is a chance to come back stronger than ever.
“Big finish from the boys to go on and win! #COYS #UCL.”
Kane’s absence was not felt as Heung-Min Son scored 12 minutes from time to give Tottenham the upper hand going into the second leg at the Etihad on 17 April.
However, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino admitted the 25-year-old could miss the rest of the season.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
“We need to check tomorrow but it looks the same, a similar issue,” he said.
“Very sad, very disappointed, and it’s going to be tough for the rest of the season.
“We hope it’s not a big issue but there’s not much time to recover. He’s twisted his ankle and we will see how he reacts in the next few hours.”
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Source: SportsLatest TS