‘He had done photos with the Liverpool shirts’ – Nabil Fekir’s agent reveals how close Lyon star came to joining Reds
Nabil Fekir’s posed for pictures in a Liverpool shirt as he edged closer to a move last summer, according to his agent.
Jean-Pierre Bernes also claims the 25-year-old had passed a medical ahead of a £53million transfer from Lyon, before the Reds pulled the plug on a deal.
The transfer fell through after a medical showed an issue with Fekir’s knee.
Bernes told French outlet L’Equipe: “It is not about staying here.
“And we will know maybe the real circumstances that prevented Fekir’s move to Liverpool.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
“The knee was a part of it, but not only that. He had passed a medical, done photos with the Reds shirt.”
Last week, Fekir opened up about his failed move to Anfield.
“Liverpool?” he said. “It’s part of a player’s career, but it makes you stronger and you have to move forward.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
“I really don’t know what I will do [this summer] but as I said, I feel good in Lyon, the president trusts me, that’s good. You will see [if I extend my contract].”
Liverpool’s midfield has been lacking in goals and assists this season, something Fekir would have brought, as they battle Manchester City for the Premier League title.
They lead Guardiola’s men by two points with five matches remaining, however, City have a game in hand.
Source: SportsLatest TS