Inter Milan ordered to play two Serie A matches behind closed doors following serious incidents, including one supporter death, at Napoli match
One Inter fan died and four Napoli supporters were stabbed before the league match between the two Italian sides.
There were also allegations of racist chanting against Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly inside the San Siro, too.
The Inter fan, 35, was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery after being hit by a van but was later pronounced dead.
In a separate incident, four Napoli fans were stabbed around an hour before the game which saw ultras from both sides clash.
The hostile atmosphere continued into the game, with Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti claiming he demanded the game to be suspended because of alleged racist chanting.
FIGC also confirmed Serie A games this weekend will go ahead after the governing body’s president Gabriele Gravina had previously suggested they could be suspended after the violence at the San Siro.
Gravina told Sky Sports Italy: “Saturday will be played, there will be regular matches. The championship will not stop.
“The next games will be played out, a decision taken in agreement with all the offices of the Federation. We do not stop against those who want to contaminate our world.”
On the allegations of racism at the San Siro, Gravina added: “The line must be very tough but here too I invite everyone to make a reflection of respect for the roles.
Latest Football News
“We are grateful to the Ministry of the Interior for what they do to ensure the security of the events, as well as to the police bodies that have already arrested three subjects.
“I have to worry about the sport and what emerges negatively is the racist chorus against Koulibaly.”
Milan mayor Giuseppe Sala issued an apology for Koulibaly for the abuse, asking for forgiveness from the 27-year-old.
Sala said: “The boos aimed at Koulibaly were shameful.
“A shameful act towards a true athlete who wears the colour of his skin with pride.
“I apologise to Kalidou Koulibaly on my own behalf and on behalf of the people of Milan who testify to the feeling that we are brothers even in these difficult times.”
Deputy Italian Prime Minister Matteo Salvini said he will call an emergency meeting in the new year.
Source: SportsLatest TS