Juventus hold ‘preliminary talks’ with Antonio Conte in case Massimilano Allegri leaves in the summer
Juventus have reportedly held talks with Antonio Conte in case they part company with Massimilano Allegri at the end of the season.
Conte has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea at the end of last season.
The 49-year-old has confirmed that he will return to football next season at a club with ‘a project that convinces me’.
He has been linked to Inter Milan, AC Milan and Roma in recent months.
Sky Sports News are reporting that Juve have held preliminary talks with Conte to ‘sound out his availability’.
Allegri is currently in charge of the Serie A giants and has led them to four successive league and cup doubles.
He has also seen his side beaten in two Champions League finals.
Following their quarter-final exit to Ajax on Tuesday, there has been speculation over his future.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Napoli vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds vs Wigan (Friday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Southampton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Accrington Stanley vs Luton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Manchester United (Sunday, 1:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Liverpool (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
Allegri has been linked with a move away in the past and was one of the favourites to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal last summer.
Conte knows Juventus well and won six Serie A titles and a Champions League as a player.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
He spent three seasons as manager of the club and won three league trophies.
Conte was replaced by Allegri when the former became manager of Italy.
Source: SportsLatest TS