Liverpool transfer news: Reds ‘emerge as favourites’ to sign Arsenal and Manchester United target Nicolas Pepe
Liverpool are now in control of the race to sign Lille’s highly-rated forward Nicolas Pepe, reports claim.
The Reds have joined Premier League rivals Arsenal, Manchester United and Everton in the hunt for the 23-year-old, who has emerged as one of Ligue 1’s most exciting talents.
And according to Le10 Sport, Liverpool have made a formal enquiry about the possibility of signing the Ivorian this summer – which puts them a step ahead of the chasing pack.
Pepe has enjoyed a spectacular breakthrough season at the Stade Pierre Mauroy, netting 19 times and providing 11 assists in 32 games.
LATEST TRANSFER NEWS
Only Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe has scored more goals in Ligue 1 this term.
Lille look set to finish second in the French top-flight, thanks largely to the form of Pepe, and the club are already resigned to the prospect of losing him this summer.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Tottenham vs Brighton (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Luton vs AFC Wimbledon (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Ipswich (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brighton vs Newcastle (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs Blackburn (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds United vs Aston Villa (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Coventry vs Shrewsbury (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
Club president Gerard Lopez recently told Telefoot: “Four or five players will be leaving this summer.
“All clubs are forced to balance their accounts except perhaps one. I would say yes, it is sure he [Pepe] will leave.
“He enters a price range that can no longer be paid. There is a career choice to make for him, I think he will have the choice.”
Source: SportsLatest TS