Liverpool transfer news: Reds make offer for Thorgan Hazard but former Chelsea man favours move to Borussia Dortmund
Liverpool have made an offer for Thorgan Hazard, the younger brother of Chelsea star Eden, according to reports.
Hazard, 26, has been one of the Bundesliga’s best players since joining Borussia Monchengladbach, initially on loan, in 2014.
The attacking midfielder has scored 12 goals and chipped in with a further 11 assists in just 29 matches this season, and has been tipped to seal a move away from Gladbach this summer.
A return to England has been mooted after Hazard spent three years on Chelsea’s books, joining the Blues the same summer as his elder brother.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
But it is Chelsea’s Premier League rivals Liverpool who are making the biggest push for Hazard, with Nieuwsblad reporting that the Reds have already made an offer for him.
Their bid is said to be worth more than £36million (€42million), as Liverpool are claimed to have offered more than Borussia Dortmund’s initial €42million bid.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
Hazard is understood to favour a move to Dortmund, however, as he wishes to remain in Germany, and also considers he will get more opportunities to play at the Westfalenstadion.
Nonetheless, Gladbach ‘want Hazard to choose Liverpool’ due to their huge opening bid, as they will benefit financially from the Reds more than from Dortmund.
Source: SportsLatest TS