Liverpool vs Porto: All you need to know about the Reds’ Champions League opponents ahead of quarter-final clash
The Champions League is finally back, with just eight teams battling it out to be crowned the best team in Europe.
Three Premier League teams are in action this evening as Manchester City visit Tottenham and Liverpool host Porto, with Manchester United featuring tomorrow as English teams make up half the remaining contenders.
All four first-leg ties take place this week before the second-legs next week – and it’s fair to say everyone is excited about the return of Europe’s premier continental competition.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Real Madrid stopped Jurgen Klopp’s side winning the competition for the sixth time in 2017/18, but Los Blancos have already been knocked out this season’s edition – while Liverpool are much, much better than they were last term.
The Reds get their European adventure back under way this evening with a home clash against Porto, a year after Klopp’s side thrashed the Portuguese outfit 5-0 in the Champions League round of 16.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
Liverpool will be hoping for such an emphatic victory this time around as well, but just how much do you know about Porto?
Our friends at Dugout have created a wonderful video showcasing the Portuguese club, and you can watch it, below, to get the low-down on Liverpool’s European opponents.
Source: SportsLatest TS