Liverpool vs Porto: Injuries and suspensions leave Portuguese side with just 16 available outfield players
The two sides will meet at Anfield on Tuesday but the Portuguese side will be missing a number of key players.
Centre-back Pepe is suspended after picking up a booking in their last-16 tie with Roma when he clashed with former Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.
Porto captain Hector Herrera was also booked in that match and will miss the first leg as a result.
Left-back Alex Telles is also ‘fighting against the clock’ to be ready for the trip to Liverpool, according to the Portuguese press (via Sport Witness).
The Brazilian has a bursitis in his right hip that is causing him some issues.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
O Jogo write that Sérgio Conceição only has 19 players available, with three of them being goalkeepers, due to injuries and suspensions.
In addition, three Porto players go into the match knowing that a yellow card will see them miss the return leg.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
Eder Militao, who is joining Real Madrid in the summer, Danilo and Otavio are all at risk.
Liverpool themselves will be without Andy Robertson who picked up a yellow card in the latest stages of their round-of-16 defeat of Bayern Munich.
Source: SportsLatest TS