Manchester United news: Gary Neville says ‘really poor’ Paul Pogba is playing how he was before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s arrival
Gary Neville criticised Paul Pogba’s performance in Manchester United’s 3-0 defeat to Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Tuesday.
The France World Cup winner was poor as United were sent out of this year’s Champions League 4-0 on aggregate.
Neville accused Pogba of regressing to the form he showed under Jose Mourinho.
At the start of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s caretaker reign, the 26-year-old scored eight goals in nine games.
That form appears to have taken a dip and he has only scored twice in the last 10 games for Manchester United.
“Pogba’s now playing how he was pre-Ole’s arrival,” Neville told beIN Sports.
“I thought he was really poor, rolling his foot over the ball all the time, playing for himself, not popping it off and moving, didn’t look interested at times.
“But he’s a great player, and can be a great player, he just needs to get that focus back.”
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Lionel Messi scored twice for Barcelona in the first half with former Liverpool player Philippe Coutinho sealing a 3-0 win in the second half.
David De Gea made an uncharacteristic howler for Messi’s second when he let the ball slip under him after a tame shot.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Porto vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Napoli vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds vs Wigan (Friday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Southampton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Accrington Stanley vs Luton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Manchester United (Sunday, 1:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Liverpool (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
Neville added: “I don’t know where it came from. I know people have said De Gea has made some mistakes in the last 12 months – but not many like that for Manchester United. I can’t think of any like that for Manchester United.
“I think it’s important when you make a mistake of that nature in your home country, he’s now an experienced player. I hope he’s the one who comes out and explains it. I think that would bode well for him.”
Source: SportsLatest TS