Rangers news: Joe Worrall to escape punishment for ‘F*** the Celtic’ comment
Rangers defender Joe Worrall is ‘unlikely’ to face punishment for his expletive comment about Celtic.
Fotage on social media shows the 22-year-old, who is on a season-long loan from Nottingham Forest, with a female friend saying ‘F*** the Celtic’.
Worral has so far made 31 appearances at Ibrox and the Daily Record report he is expected to escape a Scottish FA rap considering Aberdeen’s Shay Logan was let off for a similar offence last year.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
The Dons full-back was caught on camera saying ‘F*** the Rangers’ with Gers-supporting friends.
Logan was forced to apologise for his comments, insisting he did not ‘hate’ Steven Gerrard’s side.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Similarly in 2015, John Guidetti, then of Celtic, avoided a ban for mocking Rangers’ financial troubles.
Worrall was nominated for Rangers’ Young Player of the Year award, but lost out to Liverpool loanee Ryan Kent.
The centre-back is not expected to make his loan from Forest permanent and will return to the Championship side at the end of the season.
Source: SportsLatest TS