Raul Jimenez: Wolves complete permanent signing of on-loan forward for club-record fee
Raul Jimenez has completed a permanent move to Wolves for a club-record fee, the Premier League side have confirmed.
Jimenez, the Mexico forward, has spent the season on loan at Molineux having joined on a year-long deal from Benfica last summer.
He has scored 15 goals in 37 games for Nuno’s side – also chipping in with three assists – as Wolves battle to finish seventh in the Premier League and also hope to book their place in the FA Cup final.
They take on Watford this weekend in the second semi-final, with the victor facing either Manchester City or Brighton in the Wembley showpiece.
Wolves had the option to sign Jimenez on a permanent basis written into their loan deal for the 27-year-old, and they are believed to have paid £30million to secure his signature.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Southampton vs Liverpool (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs QPR (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Huddersfield vs Leicester (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm)
- Coventry vs Bristol Rovers (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Watford vs Wolves (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
He becomes Wanderers’ most expensive signing ever surpassing previous record holder Adama Traore, who joined the club last summer for £18million.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Source: SportsLatest TS