Shay Given ignores Mohamed Salah goal vs Chelsea to continue eating his steak dinner
Not even Mohamed Salah’s thunderbolt against Chelsea could disturb Shay Given from his dinner.
The former goalkeeper, working as a pundit alongside Ian Wright and Steve McManaman, was caught on camera tucking into a Sunday roast rather than watching the goal.
His fellow pundits went wild, but Given was unmoved, averting his eyes to the action for a brief moment before fixating them back to his plate.
The wonder goal helped Liverpool return to the top of the Premier League with a 2-0 victory over the Blues at Anfield.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Given may have been left disappointed by the result having spent two years at Manchester City, who remain two points behind Liverpool with a game in hand.
The 42-year-old shot-stopper spent the majority of his career at Newcastle, before also representing Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Stoke City.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Barcelona vs Manchester United (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Juventus vs Ajax (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Porto vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Napoli vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds vs Wigan (Friday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Southampton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Accrington Stanley vs Luton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Manchester United (Sunday, 1:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Liverpool (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
Replying, he said: “The horse needs to eat.”
Source: SportsLatest TS