Thorgan Hazard transfer latest: Liverpool and Arsenal ‘ready to launch bids’ for Borussia Dortmund target
Liverpool and Arsenal are reportedly ready to launch bids for Thorgan Hazard, the younger brother of Chelsea star Eden.
The two Premier League sides are among numerous clubs keeping tabs on Hazard, who has starred since leaving the Blues for Borussia Monchengladbach, initially on loan, in 2014.
Their fiercest competition comes from Gladbach’s Bundesliga rivals Borussia Dortmund, who are understood to be leading the race for Hazard.
The player himself is believed to favour a move to the Westfalenstadion, as he wishes to remain in Germany having spent the last five years in the country.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Despite spending three years on Chelsea’s books – joining the same summer as his older brother Eden – Hazard never made an appearance in English football.
He spent two years on loan at Zulte Waregem in his homeland, before joining Gladbach on a temporary deal.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Aston Villa vs Millwall (Monday, 1pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Hull vs Sheffield United (Monday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brentford vs Leeds United (Monday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT
- Tottenham vs Brighton (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Luton vs AFC Wimbledon (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Ipswich (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brighton vs Newcastle (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs Blackburn (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds United vs Aston Villa (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Coventry vs Shrewsbury (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
His move to the Bundesliga side was made permanent in January 2015, effective from that summer, and he’s gone on to play 178 matches for Die Fohlen, scoring 45 goals and creating a further 43.
Hazard has made it clear he wishes to leave Borussia-Park, Max Eberl, Gladbach’s sporting director, revealed earlier this month.
“We made our intentions to extend Thorgan’s contract clear a while back now,” he said, “but he hasn’t reciprocated that interest.”
Source: SportsLatest TS