Tiger Woods wins the Masters: Nike release inspiring video to mark one of sport’s greatest comebacks
Nike have released a powerful advert to crown Tiger Woods’ incredible victory at the 2019 Masters.
The moving clip shows footage of the legendary golfer claiming he would beat Jack Nicklaus’ long-standing record of 18 majors – as he landed his 15th in miraculous fashion.
Despite being ranked 1,199th in the world and unable to swing a club little more than a year ago, the 43-year-old rolled back the years to seal a fifth Green Jacket at Augusta on Sunday.
Woods famously embraced his father after storming to his first Masters title in 1997 – and 22-years later it was his son Charlie waiting for him at the back of the 18th green.
“I couldn’t be more happy and excited, I’m kind of at a loss for words. To have my kids there, it’s come full circle. My dad was here in ’97 and now I’m the dad with two kids there,” he said.
LATEST SPORT NEWS
“My little boy Charlie, that embrace is just special. Sam lost a State soccer tournament yesterday so I convinced her to come up and watch the Masters and luckily I was able to win.
“They were there last year at the Open Championship when I had the lead on that back nine and I made a few mistakes, cost myself a chance to win The Open title.
“I wasn’t going to let that happen to them twice so for them to see what it’s like to have their dad win a major championship, I hope that’s something they will never forget.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Barcelona vs Manchester United (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Juventus vs Ajax (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Porto vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Napoli vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds vs Wigan (Friday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Southampton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Accrington Stanley vs Luton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Manchester United (Sunday, 1:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Liverpool (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
“Prior to my comeback they only knew that golf caused me a lot of pain.
“If I tried to swing a club I would be on the ground and I struggled for years, and that’s basically all they remember.”
Nike, who stood by the icon when several sponsors dropped him in 2009, drew on Woods’ comeback to emphasise the power of dreams.
Watch the inspiring clip below:
Source: SportsLatest TS