Tottenham announce world-record £112.9million net profit, surpassing Liverpool’s 2017/18 figures
Tottenham have announced a world record net profit of £112.9million, surpassing the record previously set by Liverpool.
In their 2017/18 financial results, the north London club confirmed an annual pre-tax profit of £138.9million, with £25.9million worth of tax paid.
Earlier this year, Liverpool announced a record-breaking net profit of £106million for the same season.
Their total broke the existing record, set by Leicester City for 2016/17, of £80million net profit.
Liverpool were boosted last season by their run to the Champions League final, which is understood to have earned the Anfield club around £72million.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, appears to have kept his position as the highest-paid club executive in the Premier League, though his £3million pay packet for 2017/18 was half what he received the prior season due to a stadium-related bonus in 2016/17.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Southampton vs Liverpool (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs QPR (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Huddersfield vs Leicester (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm)
- Coventry vs Bristol Rovers (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Watford vs Wolves (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
Source: SportsLatest TS