Tottenham injury news: Moussa Sissoko returns to training ahead of Champions League semi-final against Ajax
Moussa Sissoko handed Tottenham a huge boost by returning to training on Monday.
The midfielder now appears likely to play some part in Spurs’ Champions League semi-final first leg tie against Ajax on Tuesday.
Sissoko had missed Tottenham’s last three games with a groin injury after being forced off at Manchester City two weeks ago.
Defender Jan Vertonghen was rested during Tottenham’s 1-0 defeat to West Ham on Saturday but he also trained alongside Sissoko.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Millwall vs Bristol City (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Swansea vs Derby (Wedndesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Barcelona vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Cardiff vs Crystal Palace (Saturday 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino previously revealed Harry Kane, who is nursing an ankle injury, could be fit if they reach the Champions League final on 1 June.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
The club announced that Sissoko and Vertonghen will be assessed ahead of their home clash with Ajax.
Harry Winks (groin), Erik Lamela and Serge Aurier (both hamstring) are injured, while Heung-min Son is suspended.
Source: SportsLatest TS