Tottenham news: Sam Allardyce insists Spurs will be fine without Harry Kane and backs Heung-Min Son to thrive
Sam Allardyce has backed Tottenham to cope without Harry Kane after the talisman suffered yet another ankle injury.
Mauricio Pochettino suggested Kane could be out for the rest of the season after the England captain limped out of Spurs’ 1-0 victory over Manchester City in the Champions League.
It is the latest in a string of untimely ankle problems for Kane, but his side haven’t fared too badly in his absence.
After Kane’s injury against Manchester United earlier this season, Tottenham won all four Premier League games they played without him.
“It is a blow for them, but they coped last time,” former England boss Allardyce told talkSPORT.
“They didn’t lose a game last time Kane was out.
“It’s a big loss for them but they can take some comfort from the last time Harry was out for five or six games.”
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Ironically, Tottenham went on a five-match run without a win in the league when Kane returned.
Heung-Min Son filled the void last time Kane was out – and he did so again last night by netting the winner against City.
In fact, the South Korean appears to thrive when the goalscoring mantle falls on his shoulders.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
“That man Son seems to come up and play even better when Harry’s not there,” Allardyce added.
“His goal yesterday was exceptionally good.”
Source: SportsLatest TS