Tottenham news: Spurs fans poke fun at Arsenal and Chelsea with hilarious Europa League chant
Mauricio Pochettino’s side ended City’s 14-game winning streak thanks to a late strike from Heung-Min Son to put them in a strong position in their Champions League quarter-final tie.
Fans at the north Londoners’ new stadium were understandably elated with the result – and they couldn’t resist the urge to poke some fun at London rivals Arsenal and Chelsea following the match.
One fan tweeted out a video of the delirious fans singing a song mocking their adversaries in the capital for failing to make it into Europe’s premier continental competition.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
He tweeted the lyrics of the chant, sung to the tune of December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by The Four Seasons, which goes: “Oh what a night, watching Tottenham on a Tuesday night. You play Thursday ‘cos you’re f****** s****. What a feeling, what a night.”
You can can see the Spurs fans singing the chant below…
Tottenham have plenty of experience playing on Thursday nights, but they can sit back and relax knowing their London rivals, rather than them, are in the Europa League this season.
Chelsea and Arsenal have both reached the quarter-finals of Europe’s lesser competition, with the first leg of their last-eight clashes taking place this week.
The Gunners host Napoli while Chelsea travel to the Czech Republic to take on Slavia Prague – a match which talkSPORT is covering with full live commentary, kick-off 8pm.
Source: SportsLatest TS