Tottenham transfer news: Spurs ‘close to signing’ Fenerbache midfielder Eljif Elmas in €20m summer deal
Tottenham Hotspur are close to signing Fenerbache midfielder Eljif Elmas, according to reports in Turkey.
TuttoMercato had previously reported that Fiorentina were the front runners to sign the Macedonia international.
However, Turkish news outlet Superhaber now claim ‘Elmas’ new address’ will be in Tottenham as the youngster is ‘transferring to England’.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
A fee of around £17.2million (€20m) has been touted as the Turkish club need to balance their books to comply with Financial Fair Play rules.
Elmas has played 34 times for Fenerbache this season and has been capped by Macedonia 10 times.
They signed him for just €180,000 in 2017 from Rabotnicki and could land a huge profit if they sell him in the summer.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Fenerbache are currently struggling in the Super Lig and sit 13th place.
They are just five points above the relegation places with seven games of the current season to go.
Source: SportsLatest TS