UFC president Dana White says ‘Conor McGregor will fight again’ with meeting set for ‘in a matter of days’
When Conor McGregor retired from mixed martial arts a few weeks ago, it’s fair to say not too many fans bought it.
As the all-time box office great in MMA and UFC – by a country mile too – it’s hard to believe McGregor would leave so much money on the table when he is just 30-years-old.
Appearing on CNN, UFC president Dana White confirmed that McGregor will indeed step inside the octagon again.
“Conor McGregor will fight again,” White said, adding that he was due to sit down with the Irishman for face-to-face talks to discuss the future in a matter of days.
“Me and Conor communicate every day. We’ve been talking all this week. Things are good with Conor and I and we’ll get something figured out soon.
“Conor likes to be in a position where he holds the cards and he does what he wants to do. And, you know, he and I figure out how to work together and how to make it all happen.”
Reports had suggested that McGregor was going to walk away over a combination of his demand to have shares in UFC not being granted and the company refusing to give him an immediate rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Of course, the Russian was McGregor’s last opponent back at UFC 229 last year and Notorious was comprehensively defeated by the unbeaten Eagle.
There’s no doubt that’s the fight that McGregor wants next, but White has seemingly suggested that the winner of Dustin Poirier and Max Holloway this Saturday at UFC 236 will face Khabib.
Source: SportsLatest TS